Northern Rift Inc: Student Terms of Service and Privacy (addendum).
By using the NorthernRift.com web site ("Service"), or any services of Northern Rift Inc
("Northern Rift"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions
("Terms of Service"). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A
COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO
BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH
YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU"
OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
If Northern Rift makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by
posting a notice on our site when the changes become effective. Any new features that
augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources,
shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes
shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While
Northern Rift prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree
that Northern Rift cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you
nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own
The following "Education Terms" is not a replacement for our full standard terms of
service. It is an addendum applicable for school students (and schools) using Northern Rift.
Education Terms / Educational Use
- The School Education components of the site are intended for use by individuals age 11 or older.
- Your personal profile and personal materials uploaded remain yours. You retain all rights to your data.
- Where we Northern Rift has agreements with the school districts, and where school districts explicitly provide pupil records to Northern Rift, these data elements remain the property of and control of the respective school district.
- Some personally identifiable information (PII), such as emails and school access code (that connects the student and a specific school and or teacher) volunteered by the user, is collected to allow use of the site to improve the content of our web pages, develop new features & services, and improve the quality of our service for our users and clients.
- If third-party party software or service providers are occasionally used in optimizing and improving the Northern Rift service, such parties are bound by Northern Rift privacy agreements, and when this is not possible, only aggregated or anonymized information is passed onto the third-party party.
- Parents may review PII and correct information by logging into their child(ren)’s account or by contacting Northern Rift customer service.
- In the event of a data breach involving educational use, Northern Rift will notify participating local educational agencies (LEAs) or relevant authorities accordance with state law (in California -AB 1584).